Find the right fit for your eyes at Radcliff Family EyeCare.
Do you need vision correction but don’t want to wear eyeglasses full time? Contact lenses are a great option for almost anyone.
We offer a wide selection at our Liberal office, and our experienced team of eye care professionals can help you find the right contacts for you.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options?
There are many contact lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common contact lens types:
- Soft contact lenses – Soft contact lenses are popular because they are very comfortable for the wearer. Soft contact lenses don’t “pop out” the way hard lenses occasionally might. Soft lenses are appropriate to correct near and farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Daily contact lenses – Most contact lenses are daily wear. That is they are worn all day and then thrown away and a new lens is inserted the next morning.
- Monthly contact lenses – Monthly wear contact lenses are designed to be worn every day and taken out at night and put in a case to clean at night, this is repeated for one month and then the lens is thrown away and a new lens put in. There is a lens that is approved that can be worn while sleeping for a week at a time, however this lens is not an option for everyone.
- Colored contact lenses – These are worn to enhance or completely change the color of the iris. They are still prescription contact lenses, however, and need to be treated with the same care you would give to regular lenses. This is not an option for all prescriptions.
- Hard contact lenses – Hard contact lenses are rigid gas permeable. Hard contact lenses keep their shape on the eye. As such, they are sometimes recommended to curb the progression of nearsightedness in younger wearers, or for people with large prescriptions.